Friday, December 10, 2010

Kitties!








Some kitty pictures for my friends. A project for shooting and transforming an object. Don't worry I had nothing to do with killing or with putting dead kitten in a jar. I was interested in animals as objects as in food, specimens etc. The first photo was distorted in the printing process with the use of a glass paperweight and crumpling single weight paper. As the paper unfolded around the glass, I exposed and moved it. In the center circle is the kitten's umbilical-cord. This was also my first venture into an expensive studio setting . The third, fifth, and last photo were obviously shot in the studio. In the future you will probably see a lot more studio work from me, as I will have more access to a studio and I just plain love working there. As always, all of the images were shot by me on black and white film.
On the way from yours truly, more ceramics, sculpture, and a bizarre series of portraits.
Bye friends,
Megan.

No comments:

Post a Comment