Saturday, December 18, 2010

Bowls.




This is going to be the last of the real functional ceramics posts, don't cry about it. Honestly, I really do enjoy making the stuff, and I have a great appreciation for the people that do it (they will probably make more money than me in the long run). I actually find myself inspecting dishes and mugs everywhere I go now. I like making it, I just have no idea what to do with the stuff. These are more of my earthy ceramic works, hand-thrown, carved, glazed etc by me. That warm white lump on the rim on the dark blue and porcelain covered bowl is someone else's glaze that ran onto my piece in the kiln. Next time I'll get to be loading the kiln so stuff like that doesn't happen, because it happened to most of my work this semester.
I'll just mail some of this to my mom, that's what people do with ceramics right? They are all going to be ashtrays anyways. Just Kidding.
I will be posting more ceramic sculpture and a few semi-functional things pretty soon.

No school for a few weeks, I hope my friends are prepared for tons of posts.
-Megan

P.S.
R.I.P. Beefy, maybe I'll do a post of his paintings next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment