





I am finally making good on the promise to post more Polaroid transfers, as I await my Fuji Instax 210 camera. The 210 camera is gigantic, but who's favorite Polaroid camera wasn't? It won't be Fuji's tiny credit card-sized prints so I'm excited for the wide prints and instant gratification.
Anyways, all of these are my images on 35mm Ilford HP5. I used a Polaroid Daylab EZ 35mm color slide machine, so my transfers here are negatives, as I didn't have color slides at the time. I am really into the generational loss of information with transfers, and this is exaggerated here with the use of color, textured paper, and the presentation of a negative image which in itself is abstract. I went ahead and inverted them. I think the contrast between the sets of two are interesting, as features and detail become more recognizable. Or they don't.
Two in two days for my friends!
P.S. I'm the Spongebob. Cute look, no?
-Megan
No comments:
Post a Comment