This is Chinese artist Liu Bolin. Bolin gained fame for painting his body, and the bodies of other chinese citizens to blend in with the ever changing landscape of modern China.
Bolin's philosophy for this 'Camouflage' series is interesting in that by blending in with his environment he intends to show that it is really "no place to hide".
"Now, in the real material world, the world views of different people’s are also different. Each person chooses his/her own way in the process of contacting outside world. I choose to merge myself into the environment. Saying that I am disappeared in the environment, it would be better to say that the environment has licked me up and I can not choose active and passive relationship."
Bolin is also a talented sculptor, as seen here in his 'Red Hands' series.
Note: Sorry for the short entry and lack of entries the past few days. I get to play art director at a non-profit gallery here in Tucson for homeless/at risk artists, and just organized a show, so I have been a bit busy.
I'll be back friends!
-Megan




No comments:
Post a Comment