Friday, July 9, 2010

My Polaroid Transfers

Funhouse. 2010.


Tim and Liz (Negative). 2010

Kitty. 2010.


Ice Cream & Onion Rings. 2010.


All of these are moody, wet-transfers using the Polaroid Daylab Copy. The second image of Tim and Liz is with the Daylab EZ, which is for use with slide film, but I stuck a 35mm negative in there and scratched the heck out of the resulting image. I absolutely love the process and the small prints. I wanted a seedy, dark look and enjoyed the color and exposure controls. One of my favorite things about Polaroid is the instant gratification and certain cheapness (although no longer a literal cheapness) they possess, and I wanted to emphasize that. I have plenty of these that I may share more of at some point that explore those color controls I mentioned previously.
My friends know that I have been getting back into photography this past year, so I will be posting more alternative photo process-type works, or the occasional scan of a photo. I have been stockpiling work to put on the blog.

See you friends!
-Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment