Friday, July 16, 2010

My First Cyanotypes

Flora/Fauna 2 and 7. 2010

Tri Test Negative. 2010.

Flora/Fauna 5, Double Double. 2010

Flora/Fauna 5, Van Dyke Spots. 2010.

Cyanotype is by far my favorite alternative process I have learned this summer. Cyanotype dates back to the 1800's. I have read that Anna Atkins is considered the first female photographer because of her cyanotype photograms in 1843, which I hope is accurate seeing as that is pretty badass. Cyanotype is simple, versatile and just plain old fun. These were my first cyanotypes that I did a few weeks ago. I am still using cyanotype for a project I will share later. It's like mid nineties in my neck of the woods, humidity is probably in that range as well. I am going to spend the next five hours at work in the freezer.
See you later friends!
-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment