




This is a look at my final pieces for alternative photo processes. I will post a few more Polaroid transfers or Cyanotypes here and there, but this may very well be the last alternative photo post in a while. My friends not so interested in photo might be needing a break anyways, I know I do. I wanted this series to be lighthearted, even childish. They all had to be produced in such rapid succession that I just wanted to have a good time with it. As always, there is slight aftertaste of anti-art, obviously intentional.
All of the above are Cyanotye on paper. All lithos were cut apart and reassembled, then contact printed. For the first piece of Josh there, I cut apart the print, colored each piece and reassembled. The second and third are hand-colored, the third being a cyanotype over a vague gum print. The fourth is me twice, printed then hand-painted. The fifth is a personal favorite, a bit too large for the scanner, it is actually 3 images of Matt, used previously, cut apart, printed on paper with one coat cyano, one coat yellow gum, and another coat purple/brownish gum. Sort of hazy and abstract, but that goofy guy is definitely still in there.
Big thank yous to my friends who always let me take funny pictures of them!
-Megan
No comments:
Post a Comment