

Allison Schulnik's work always amazes me. You may recognize her as having animated Grizzly Bear's "Ready, Able", if not, it's worth watching the 4:32 on YouTube. My friends will note that I would obviously be attracted to Schulnik's stop-motion animations, but her paintings are what I will focus on here.
"I'm not really interested in what's accepted by people." -Allison Schulnik. Schulnik's paintings seem maximal in sculptural and expressive quality. She has a "bad art" touch, with the skill, technique, and education to make it all fabulous. Allison Schulnik is based in L.A. and is showing internationally.
A note to my friends: I will start blogging more I promise, maybe something like once a week, when I have some time between work and school. They will be short like this one, but still something to feast your eyes on. I am currently working on a few sculptures that I WILL post pictures of as they progress. I am being patient with this computer that is very near a decade old until I get a new one, so I have been a bit unmotivated to work on FuckThomasKinkade. My little garage studio is still a work in progress, but it is officially functioning, so more work is to come!
Thanks to my patient friends for asking me when I am going to update this damn thing.
-Megan
"Moments landlord saying 看 Tsuru, total distillate 也來 saying we support! 囉 oil pressure."-Google translate
ReplyDeleteThanks 紀錄, I wish I understood your comment exactly, but it sounds positive to me!I support you too Rok Kino!
Thanks for stopping by. :)
-Megan
(fuck thomas kinkade)